Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Love


What is love? How does it one feel? How does one 'fall' in love? Here I'm talking about the love that is been portrayed by the literature and movie world. And the love which we ascribe on ourselves when seek the company of an opposite sex. Lets get into the roots. Why does a man/woman seek the company of an opposite sex, in their journey through life? The reasons that I find are,
1. To be cared and develop an intimacy, so that when you are in trouble you could grumble. Discuss your personal problems, desires with a single person so that your weaknesses are not let known to the world when discussed with more number of people. Talking out a problem stresses you out.
2. To have sex with the same single person. So that you don't satisfy your sexual desires with a lot other people and be prone to sexually transmitted diseases.
3. And topping it all.. THE CONTINUATION OF YOUR SPECIES.

A guy proposes an "I LOVE YOU" to a girl. What does that mean?
"I would like you to accompany me throughout my life. This decision is completely based on my current desires, aspirations, my needs and my view on you." Love is not a spark nor a "feeeeling". It doesn't 'come' all of a sudden. Its a decision. When ur desires change.. needs change.. perception of ur life betters.. it naturally affects ur previous decisions. Anyway, the compromise you do to sustain that love depends on the intensity of the change.
Why am I typing this? I find a lot of people who let 'love' to affect their careers and aspirations. Who compromise their individuality to sustain a love which is decision. A decision which is reversible if found wrong.
I love my mom and dad. I love my sister. I love my wife. Whats the difference? Here comes the lust factor and a lot more secret sharing when it is my wife and not with the rest. That is the only difference I find.

3 comments:

  1. welcome to blogosphere thambe!
    n cool topic for a first post..love!
    its hard to comprehend the meaning of love and explain it to all...and i guess everyone has a different perspective to it depending on thier experiences/growing up/falling in it/or even the chemicals flowing in their brain etc.,
    anyways..i'd agree with most of wht u've expressed here..!
    in my opinion u can calssify it as a 'feeling' or 'thought', like, u say u love ur mom/dad..its a feeling..n when its somone new of the opposite sex, u 'think ur in love with..', and once u end up marrying(n being the ideal husband/wife),u again love ur spouse(u dont 'think u love her/him)!
    and most of the times a mix of thought n feeling n intoxication n confusion etc.,!
    but then its not always black & white, ters always shades of grey in between..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and most of the times a mix of thought n feeling n intoxication n confusion etc.,!
    but then its not always black & white, ters always shades of grey in between..!"
    Great na. And ofcourse opinion differs, only then its an opinion.
    We find a lot of young vibrant people just loose their individulity and let love to affect their aspirations and career. Here the girls are leading from the front. This is what atracted me towards this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Xactly right na. Every human being must've a life partner of without being so possessive, so that one can share whatever he/she thinks to her/his life partner so that other persons don't know our weaknesses. Also, when it comes "all of a sudden", that's not love at all, it's just "Sexual Attraction". Only after knowing abt a person, behaving with that person & only if our similarities match with that person, the feeling "Love" comes. But the thing which confuses me still is that how did u like VTV? There's no such thing as "LOVE AT 1ST SIGHT", instead v can call that as "ATTRACTION AT 1ST SIGHT".

    ReplyDelete